CATHOLIC NEWS WORLD: TUES. DEC. 21, 2010: HEADLINES-
VATICAN CITY, 21 DEC 2010 (VIS REPORTS) - The Holy Father accepted the resignation from the pastoral care of the diocese of Pasig, Philippines, presented by Bishop Francisco C. San Diego, upon having reached the age limit.
VATICAN CITY, 21 DEC 2010 (VIS) - The following prelates died in recent weeks:
- Cardinal Michele Giordano, archbishop of Naples, Italy, on 2 December at the age of 80.
- Bishop Michael Bunluen Mansap, emeritus of Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand, on 2 December at the age of 81.
- Bishop Bernard Patrick Devlin, emeritus of Gibraltar, on 15 December at the age of 89.
- Bishop Ambrosio Echebarria Arriota, emeritus of Barbastro-Monzon, Spain, on 6 December at the age of 88.
- Bishop Jose dos Santos Garcia S.M.P., emeritus of Pemba, Mozambique,, on 11 December at the age of 97.
- Bishop Raymond Philip Kalisz S.V.D., emeritus of Wewak, Papua New Guinea, on 12 December at the age of 83.
- Bishop Ferenc Keszthelyi O. Cist., emeritus of Vac, Hungary, on 6 December at the age of 82.
- Archbishop-bishop Julio Tavares Rebimbas, emeritus of Porto, Portugal, on 6 December at the age of 88.
- Bishop John Thomas Steinbock of Fresno, U.S.A., on 5 December at the age of 73.
- Bishop George Otto Wirz, former auxiliary of Madison, U.S.A., on 23 November at the age of 81.
CBN REPORT: The developers of Kentucky's Creation Museum have another biblical entertainment venture in mind.
They plan to build a full-sized replica of Noah's Ark as a part of a $172 million theme park.
The museum opened three years ago south of Cincinnati, Ohio, and has already drawn more than one million visitors.
Museum officials believe the Noah's Ark Park could attract 1.6 million visitors a year. They are looking at a 800-acre site near Williamstown, Ky., just off Interstate 75.
They said the project also would include an ancient walled city, a petting zoo, live animal shows featuring giraffes and elephants and a replica of the biblical tower of Babel.
The Kentucky Tourism Development Finance Authority has granted preliminary approval for state tax incentives for the project. An economic analysis must be done before being considered for final approval.
“We fear attacks both during the Christmas period and in early January, when a referendum on the independence of southern Sudan is to be held,” said Bishop Kussala. “Right now the population is increasingly concerned about possible violence by the LRA. So-called “Arrow Boys” have been set up as self-defense militias, armed only, however, with bows and arrows.”
Bishop Julian Andavo Mbia of Isiro-Niangara, Equatoria province, in north-east DRC, tells Fides that in his region, “the alarm is issued in the face of possible attacks by the LRA as a form of prevention. At the moment we have no concrete evidence of actual attacks by the Ugandan guerrillas in our diocese.” At Christmas time in 2008, in a series of attacks in some villages in the province of Equatoria, LRA guerrillas killed about 900 people and abducted another 700.
The fire broke out early Tuesday and was extinguished by 9am (AEDT) and destroyed four English classrooms and two food technology classrooms, a statement on the school's website said.
The cause of the fire is yet to be determined, with the NSW Fire Brigades saying it is still too dangerous for investigators to go into the building.
"The damage is in around six classrooms in the newer part of the site and the main damage seems to be in the roof," school principal Delma Horan told ABC Radio, but added that the school would open as normal in the new year.
|Luke 1: 39 - 45|
|39||In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah,|
|40||and she entered the house of Zechari'ah and greeted Elizabeth.|
|41||And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit|
|42||and she exclaimed with a loud cry, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!|
|43||And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?|
|44||For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy.|
|45||And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfilment of what was spoken to her from the Lord."|